Hey ya'll! Just realized that it has been awhile since I updated ... so sorry! Things have been going great; I must admit that the kids are getting much more active and, therefore, I am staying busier than ever with them!
Ian is picking up right where he left off - rolling all over the place and sitting up all by himself. His tooth is really shining through, which is so cute. Bonner has finally cut her first TWO teeth - you can't quite seem them yet but you can feel them. I guess that both kiddos are feeling better because, PRAISE GOD, they both slept through the night. I woke up this morning at 8:35 a.m. and was like, "Oh my goodness, are the kids alive?"
Anyway, the luncheon we went to last week with the cardiologist was wonderful. The kids behaved well and no one could tell which baby was the "heart baby"! We are truly blessed!
We went to the pediatrician this afternoon so Ian could catch up on his vaccinations. He weighed 17 lbs 6 oz. They want him to gain a half ounce a day; he's not quite there, but I'm sure it won't be long. The pediatrician thought he looked great as Ian was trying to roll off the table and to pull off the sheet that lays over the table. So cute and, again, so blessed!
I took the kids to the mall this morning and it was so much fun to be out and about with 2 healthy babies. I must admit that I thoroughly enjoy looking at the kid's clothes -- the girls' stuff is just precious; and all the madras for the boys these days is right up Ian's alley :-) Can't wait to get them all dressed up and have them out in the beautiful spring weather that is hopefully, just around the corner!
We are really settling back into a good routine and are so thankful for all that we have overcome! Each day when I look at Ian while he is jumping in his jumper, standing up tall in the Exersaucer, sucking on his toes at the dinner table, positioning his pacifier just perfectly in his mouth, rolling and rolling, or just smiling at me with his precious grin, I am reminded that he is truly a miracle! And it is with each of those actions, that I thank God for bringing us this far! We are grateful for all of the trials and tribulations as it has taught us to appreciate even the night-time wake-ups and occasional crying fits! :-)
We go to see the cardiologist next week for our 4-week post-op appointment so I will update again soon! There are several friends in the PCICU and on 7C at MUSC that could use your prayers!
www.caringbridge.org/visit/addisonmoore
www.caringbridge.org/visit/hudsonskiff
www.caringbridge.org/visit/jonathanmaio
Several of you have asked me about baby Carys; we are very thankful to report that she and big sister Claire are HOME! She had a good report from her cardiologist visit and I know that mom and dad are so thankful for all of your prayers!
Love to everyone,
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment